Executive Director's Message
Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology is committed to provide a full spectrum of high-quality, cost-effective diagnostic, therapeutic, and rehabilitative cardiac services through holistic patient centered approaches along with improving the knowledge and attitude of the community. Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology will be identified as the premier training and research center committed to enhancing the knowledge and skills of the health care providers through evidenced based techniques.
Medical Superintendent Message
From the moment patients enter our Hospital, our staff will extend a warm hand in welcome. They can expect to be treated with great courtesy and looked after efficiently all the way through from registration to discharge. This is what we call "Total Patient Experience", a key concept that sustains our development. Our commitment to continual development is much in evidence. We will always cherish your gracious support and strive for top-notch medical services.
Our Objective :
Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology aims to promote and restore the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by heart disease. Our services help patients and their families learn about treatments, identify risk factors and work toward making heart-healthy lifestyle changes. Our objectives demonstrate our commitment to the promotion of health, education, clinical care and research:
People are the heart of our efforts and the source of our strength. Through teamwork, our staff provides care that is respectful, responsive, and courteous. Service and advanced technology are the key to our success. We focus on what is best for our patients and empower our staff to meet patient needs. This enables us to add value to our services and continuously improve our processes.
- To improve quality of life for the cardiac patient through intervention, non-intervention and surgical cardiology services.
- To provide counseling on heart-healthy living; this will reduce the risk of further coronary heart disease.
- To reduce further admissions to hospital for coronary heart disease.
- To reduce deaths from coronary heart disease.
- To reduce health care costs.
Foster development and profile research in the cardiac therapeutic, prevention and risk reduction field from all groups of health care professionals. Link various programs at Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology to the heart and vascular program and cardiac patients via satellite projects pertaining to health promotion.
- To enhance and ensure the development of multidisciplinary cardiovascular health workforce who has broad-based knowledge and skills.
- Provide a variety of continuing medical education activities for health workforce which will create an environment of contemporary life-long learning, and meet the clearly defined needs in our changing health care environment.
- Design educational programs to introduce new information, observational research concepts and technical skills applicable to the therapeutic practices of specialty physicians by bringing the latest state-of-the art diagnostic and treatment advances to cardiologists.
This sections shows the Services we provide
Our Laboratories have fully automated equipment and provides high quality diagnostic services in general with specialization in screening for Cardiac Diseases. The role of Clinical Laboratories is well recognized for providing outstanding and comprehensive care to the patients.
Following the internationally set standards by American college of cardiology and European society of cardiology for the care of cardiac patients, we have the facilities to diagnose and treat cardiac emergencies like Acute MI, Non-STEMI, Unstable angina, stable angina, pulmonary embolism, Aortic diseases, Heart failure, Arrhythmia and so on.
The emergency department of Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology is a state of art facility, first of its kind in the public sector Rawalpindi Division. The department is well equipped with all the necessary gadgetry to handle all cardiac emergencies adequate number of well trained staff to provide timely and quality care to the patients round the clock, 24/7.
- Blood tests to check the levels of potassium, magnesium, hormones and other chemicals that may affect your heart's ability to function properly.
- Imaging tests like chest X-ray, echocardiogram, nuclear scan.
- Other tests like Electrical system (electrophysiological) testing and mapping, Coronary catheterization (angiogram), Ejection fraction testing.